2. Who we are. This Website is operated by Star Pubs & Bars Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number (SC250925) with registered office at 3-4 Broadway Park, South Gyle Broadway, Edinburgh EH12 9JZ. Our VAT number is GB 268644912. To contact us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Accessibility. We are committed to making the Website fully accessible. Using the guidelines set out by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) we aim to have our Website conform to a WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) rating of 'A'. CSS & HTML markup complies with W3C guidelines up to priority 1.
7. Intellectual Property and Use of the Website. This Website contains material which may include but not be limited to audio, graphics, sound and video recordings, charts, text, databases, information, or images of places or people and any names, copyright, registered designs, logos, trademarks and/or service marks (“Materials”) which are owned by or licensed to Star Pubs & Bars and protected by international copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws. By using this Website, you acknowledge and agree that any Materials on this Website, are owned or licensed by Star Pubs & Bars. You shall not be permitted to reproduce, modify, reverse engineer, distribute, exploit, decompile, create derivative works of (or based on) these Materials, or do any other act which is otherwise than for your own personal use in the UK or in respect of which Star Pubs & Bars has provided its express prior written consent. Star Pubs & Bars will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. Any unauthorised use of these Materials may subject you to penalties or liability for damages including, without limitation, those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy and passing off.
8. Changes. Although the Materials and information on the Website are based on up-to-date information, and while Star Pubs & Bars makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content, information and Materials on this Website are correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed and Star Pubs & Bars makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to its accuracy. If the need arises to update our Website, we may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely.
9. User Submissions – Confidentiality. By using this Website you acknowledge and agree that any information, material or communication of any kind that you transmit, send or post to this Website, in any manner and for any reason (“User Submission”), will not be treated as confidential. You acknowledge and agree that Star Pubs & Bars has no obligation to use any idea or other material contained in any User Submission, and that you have no right to compel any such use. You acknowledge and agree that, as transmissions over the internet are never completely private or secure, any User Submission you send to this Website may be read or otherwise intercepted by a third party. Star Pubs & Bars does not assume and shall not have any special responsibility to you by virtue of your sending any User Submission to Star Pubs & Bars. Star Pubs & Bars does not accept or consider any creative ideas, concepts, suggestions or other materials from the public, and therefore you should not make any such submission to Star Pubs & Bars in any User Submission either through this Website or otherwise.
11. User Submissions – Lawful Use. In connection with User Submissions, you agree that you will not: (i) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (ii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, indecent, seditious, offensive, abusive, pornographic, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iii) submit material that could promote the excessive, irresponsible or underage consumption of alcohol; (iv) submit photographs of anyone under the age of 25; (v) submit material which is technically harmful (including without limitation computer viruses, logic bombs, trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) or misuse the Website (including without limitation by hacking); (vi) post advertisements or solicitations of business; (vii) impersonate another person; or (viii) violate another person’s right to privacy. Notwithstanding that Star Pubs & Bars or other parties are involved in creating, producing or delivering this Website and may, from time to time, monitor or review transmissions, postings or discussions, Star Pubs & Bars assumes no responsibility for any liability that might arise from the content posted on the Website, including without limitation, claims for defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, profanity or invasion of privacy.
12. User Submissions – Opinions. Star Pubs & Bars does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Submissions.
14. Linking from our Website. Although this Website may be linked to other sites on the internet, Star Pubs & Bars provides such links solely for your convenience, and is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, responsibility or affiliation with the linked site or any content, information or other materials contained therein, unless specifically stated. These links will lead you to sites operated by third parties that operate under different privacy policies and we encourage you to review these privacy policies as we have no control over the information you may submit to those third parties. By entering this Website you acknowledge and agree that Star Pubs & Bars has not reviewed all sites linked to this Website and is not responsible for the content of any off-Website pages. Your linking to or viewing of any off-Website pages or other sites is at your own risk. We disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability, accessibility or validity of any content, information or other materials contained on any other site.
15. Linking to our Website. You may link to our home page only, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our Website must not be framed on any other site. You must obtain our prior written permission to link any off-homepage pages to your website and we reserve the right to refuse permission at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
18. Disclaimer. Any use and/or browsing of this Website is performed at your own risk. This Website (including, without limitation, all information, content, materials and functions made available on or through this Website) is provided to you “as is” without further representation or warranty of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible by law with regard to the contents of this Website, Star Pubs & Bars explicitly disclaims and makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever: (a) for the accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement of any content published on or made available through this Website by any visitor to our site or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents; or (b) that the server or means that you use to access the server that makes this Website available is free of viruses, bugs or other components that may infect, harm or cause damage to your computer equipment, network connections or any other property when you access, browse, download from or otherwise use this Website.
19. Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to Star Pubs & Bars’s negligence, will Star Pubs & Bars, Star Pubs & Bars’s group companies or any third party involved in creating, producing, hosting or delivering this Website, be liable for: (a) any losses, costs or expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, legal fees, expert fees or other disbursements); or (b) any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or of any other kind or nature; whether arising out of or through your access to, the use of or browsing of this Website, or through your downloading of any materials, including, without limitation, anything caused by any viruses, bugs, human action or inaction, failure or malfunction of any computer system, phone line, hardware or software programs, or any other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections, or otherwise, even if Star Pubs & Bars has been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages or the same is considered reasonably foreseeable. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Star Pubs & Bars further assumes no responsibility, and will not be liable for, any loss or corruption of data on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of the Website, or your downloading of any Materials from the Websites. In no event shall Star Pubs & Bars’s total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for access to the Website.
21. Reporting Intellectual Property. Star Pubs & Bars respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy not to permit materials known by Star Pubs & Bars to infringe another party’s copyright to remain on any portion of the Website. If you believe any materials on any part of the Website infringe a copyright, you should provide Star Pubs & Bars with written notice that at a minimum contains: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Star Pubs & Bars to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit Star Pubs & Bars to contact you, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Star Pubs & Bars Limited
What information do we gather? Star Pubs & Bars collects information at various points in your user journey: • “personal information”, (which means any information about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained from such information); and “non-personal information”, meaning it relates to you but can’t be used to specifically identify you, e.g. your age and gender.
How we collect your information
We may also collect the following types of information:
• Device Information We may collect information about the type of browser you are using, your operating system, as well as device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL. We can also track your navigation paths and search queries.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, you may not be able to take advantage of certain activities and promotions available through our Website.
Children's Privacy The Website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18; and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. Where we become aware that we have received such information, we shall use our reasonable endeavours to remove it from our records.
We may combine the personal and non-personal information with any information collected about you which is publicly or commercially available. We may also collect information through any other platform (such as Facebook or Twitter), that you use to access our Website, subject to your privacy settings and permissions on that platform. All this information may be combined to give us a clearer picture about who you are and what your interests are, to allow us to provide a more personalised service to you.
How we protect your information
Security for all personal information is extremely important to us. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct usage of information, we monitor and adjust our physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In addition, we invest appropriate resources to protect your personal information, from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control; therefore any information that you transmit to us through our Website is at your own risk.
How we use your information
We use the personal information that you may share with us or that we may otherwise observe and collect, for the following purposes:
• to improve the content of our Website and enhance your experience through a more personalised service;
• to manage the customer relationship including by answering queries or complaints;
• to measure consumer demand or interest in various offerings;
• for marketing and promotional purposes, including to provide you with information about services offered by us and, where we have your permission, our subsidiaries and nominated affiliates; and
• for sharing data with organisations potentially or actually acquiring some or all of the rights in the entity and to comply with legal obligations, such as regarding sales administration.
Insofar required by law, we will ask for your consent if we would like to use your personal information for other purposes than those set out above.
We will not send you any marketing information unless you have consented to receiving such information, e.g. by ticking an opt-in box to receive marketing information when joining our members club through our Website.
When we might share your information
We are very careful about who we share your information with, but we would like to give you more detail about the limited circumstances where we may share your personal information with external parties in order to create the best, seamless and most dynamic service we can:
1. Sharing information with our Service Providers
We may also share information with third parties employed by us to perform functions on our behalf such as analysing data and providing marketing assistance, including in relation to our interest based advertising and targeted ads. We may also combine information in our database about you with other information available from third parties to optimise our ability to communicate with you and similar consumers. These companies will have access to the personal information needed to perform their obligations, but we have put in place contractual obligations to ensure that they may not use it for any other purpose and are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
2. Sharing your information with our social media partners and third party marketing partners
We may provide aggregated anonymous information, usually obtained through cookies, to third parties (such as marketers, ad server companies and advertisers) that make use of such general data for statistical purposes.
3. Sharing information with other third parties
If Star Pubs & Bars becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our Website, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Website.
These parties may be located in the UK, other countries in the European Economic Area or elsewhere in the world. Different privacy laws may apply in these countries and you unambiguously agree to the transfer of personal information to these countries and parties. We only make these arrangements or transfers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect any information held in that country or that the service provider acts at all times in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
How long will we retain your personal information?
The personal information that you provide will be kept for as long as legally required or for as long as necessary to provide you with any requested services in accordance with applicable laws. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or anonymise any personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for the purposes set out above. In particular, if you provide us with your email address so that you can receive our newsletters, we will continue to store your email address until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive our newsletters. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you have the right at any time to notify us that you want the personal data we hold on you to be deleted.
Your rights in relation to your information
From 25 May 2018, you also have the following additional rights:
1. Data portability
To the extent that we are relying upon consent as the legal basis for processing, and that personal data is processed by automatic means, you have the right to receive all such personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit it to another controller where this is technically feasible;
2. Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where:
• you contest the accuracy of the personal data (until we take sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy);
• the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data;
• we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
• you have objected to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds pending verification as to whether we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing.
Where your personal data is subjected to restriction in this way we will only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
3. Right to withdraw consent
You will also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require us to stop processing your personal data and/or to withdraw your agreement to processing based on 'consent', but this does not apply where we have other legal justifications to continue processing your data or an overriding legitimate interest i.e. where processing is necessary for the provision of a service.
4. Right to object to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds
To the extent that we are relying upon a legitimate interest to process your personal data, then you have the right to object to such processing, unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you are dissatisfied with your response or how we deal with your queries relating to privacy and personal information, you can escalate the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
WHERE ARE WE?
The Square, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP5 3SL
Mon - Thu: 12:00 - 23:00
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 00:00
Sun: 12:00 - 22:30